Wednesday 8 July 2009

Offending people

As some of you know I have my own radio slot on City Talk every Monday morning. This week I was getting ready to do my spiel about stupid bands that I hate when I commented that the Bronson film is out. Here is an outline of the conversation that took place:

Me: Charlie Bronson's film is out on Monday.
DJ: Yeah.
Me: Wouldn't want to meet that guy in a dark alley. Bloody hell, what a loony! Right nasty piece of work that fella.
DJ: Yeah. I know his family really well. I'm best friends with his mum & brother.
Me: (embarassed) Oh right. Do you do much crime stuff then?
DJ: Did some work for Dave Courtney.
Me: That guy is unhinged. Wouldn't want to get too close to that mentalist.
DJ: Yeah. He's a close friend. We speak regularly.
Me: (even more embarassed) Oh right.

Isn't it great when you put your foot in it. Not only that but if I don't watch out I'll probably end up getting fed into a mulching machine head first by Cockney hard men!

No comments:

Post a Comment