Tuesday 2 June 2009

the wheels of commerce

From my personal experience of company directors it I can be certain of that fact that they are no cleverer that me. And that's not very clever. To be a company director you only need to meet the following criteria:

1) Wear expensive glasses. The ones that only have rims around the top.
2) Either wear a suit without a tie or a v-neck over a shirt. I think it's called 'smart/casual'.
3) Work in London.
4) Appear pleasant but slightly quiet.
5) Drop a few very specific words and phrases into conversation. These include:

"Going forward"
"Phasing"
"Costing"
"Footfall"
"Year on year"
"Like for like"

6) Work 12 hour days and never see your kids.

I honestly I believe that I could get dressed up, turn up at the head office of a massive company on a specific day and blag it for a week as a PR director.

No comments:

Post a Comment