Wednesday 20 May 2009

the ultimate antidote to this ridiculous world

Things that make me unexpectedly cheerful:

1) You Can Call Me Al - I find it impossible to be in a bad mood when listening to this song.
2) Stroking a donkey
3) Watching the rain through a window
4) Being in Liverpool centre without actually having to go to work
5) The Apprentice
6) Top Gear (I know it's wrong)
7) Peep Show (nothing beats it)
8) The warmth of the 10A bus when being stood in the cold (not too warm though).
9) An open fire. Must make sure our next house has one.
10) A hot bath
11) Reading

I still maintain that the most relaxing experience I have ever had in my entire life was on holiday in St Davids. I was surrounded by friends, lying across two old arms chairs pushed together, reading a book about Henry Cooper, sipping red wine and enjoying a roaring open fire. My God it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment